Today is World Lion Day (August 10th), and to honor the day our Guardians are meeting with their communities to share stories about their lions, talk about what peaceful co-existence means, and explain what they do as Lion Guardians. As part of this they will also coordinate a showing of the Lion Guardians’ film.
You can join the Guardians in promoting co-existence and in raising awareness about the plight of lions in Africa. Get involved:
- Host your own community film showing – gather friends and family to watch the Lion Guardians’ educational film
- Share the film online – send it to your friends on email, post it on Facebook, Tweet about it!
- Contribute to the discussion – Share stories, pictures and comments on Facebook about what lions mean to you and what it means to you to have Lion Guardians helping their communities to save lions while preserving culture.
- Sponsor a Guardian for less than $5 a day!
- Donate to our flagship project LINC (connecting lions – connecting researchers)
Leave a Reply