Lion Guardians relies on public support to keep its operations running. You can support Lion Guardians through our U.S. fiscal sponsor, Lion Guardians U.S.
* Lion Guardians U.S. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization so your contribution will be tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by U.S. law. One hundred percent of your donation will support direct lion conservation because Lion Guardians U.S. does not charge a fee or deduct any administrative expenses.
For less than $5/day, you can make a huge difference to the lives of both the remaining wild lions in this area, and the local people that share their land with them.
The cost of sponsorship is $150 a month per Guardian. Your donation will go towards the Guardians’ salaries, equipment, and everything needed to keep the project running.
To sponsor a Guardian for a year, please click here. You can pay the full $1,800 sponsorship at once or choose to pay $900 twice a year, $450 quarterly, or $150 monthly. Please enter the amount and frequency from the drop down menus on the Donation page and make sure to note in the comments section that you would like to sponsor a Guardian.
All Guardian sponsors receive a profile of the Guardian you have sponsored, as well as a yearly personal letter from the sponsored Guardian.
Looking for that special gift for the person who has everything, or for a gift that make a real difference in conservation, then look no further. Adopt a lion today!
Four special levels of adoption available. 100% of your donation goes directly to funding the work undertaken to protect your lion.
- Adopt a cub for $250 per year: You will receive an adoption certificate
- Adopt a sub-adult for $500 per year: You will receive an adoption certificate and an annual report.
- Adopt an adult for $1,000 per year: You will receive an adoption certificate, and a semi-annual update on your adopted lion written by the Lion Guardians team protecting your lion.
- Adopt a lion family for $5,000 per year: You will receive an adoption certificate, and a semi-annual update on your adopted lion family written by the Lion Guardians team protecting your lion, a personal letter of thanks from Leela and Stephanie, the founders of Lion Guardians, and a special gift.
To adopt a lion today, click here. Please specify in the comments which level of adoption you would like to provide as well as the name (or names) you would like on the certificate and what email address you would like the certificate to be sent to.
You can provide a mobile phone that a Guardian can use to call in reports
You can equip a Guardian with a GPS unit
You can provide for a vehicle’s fuel, maintenance and repair for one month
You can provide a projector, generator and screen for showing environmental education films in the community
You can equip the Lion Guardians team with a telemetry receiver to communicate with a lion collar
You can sponsor a Lion Guardian’s salary for one year
You can equip us with medication to treat livestock injured by lions.
Will support a dedicated Guardians’ team to mitigate conflicts caused specifically by chronic problem lions year round.
Other Ways To Support Us
Choose Wildlife Guardians as your charity at AmazonSmile, and Lion Guardians will receive a percentage of everything you spend.
GoodDeedSeats offers tickets to a range of events, and donates a portion of the proceeds to Lion Guardians if you select the option at checkout.
Shop at Chantecaille and purchase a luminescent copper eye shade that benefits Lion Guardians.
Jewelry designer Temple St. Clair donates a portion of proceeds from her Lion Cub collection to Lion Guardians.
Every purchase at Pants for Lions directly benefits Lion Guardians’ work.